9 Ways Digital Marketing Can Help Sell Your Property
When you come to sell your home, we know that you would rather sell your home for the highest price possible. Sounds obvious right, but what is the way you arrive at selling your property for more.
It generally comes down to one thing, exposure.
Successful digital marketing can lead to more eyeballs, more offers, and possibly, a higher sales price, bringing top dollar when you sell your property.
This is something that we experience everyday. The properties that are marketed wisely are the ones that achieve all of the attention.
Agents with experience will already have tried and true marketing plans for you to pick and choose from, and will know exactly what works and what doesn’t in today’s market. It is up to your Madeleine Hicks Real Estate agent that is experienced in online marketing, to show it off using:
- Professional photos, floor plans and video
- Ads on Google
- Social media posts and ads
- Email marketing to an extensive database, as well as
- Listing on the Real Estate Portals
Combining the above tools with the strategies below, a home can make it on to a buyer’s “must-see list.”
The photos for this McDowall home received hundreds of likes and comments and was even featured in the local paper which helped our sellers listing get maximum exposure.
1. Eye-catching photos and video will help a real estate agent market your property. Promoting this content in the right way using clever ad placement and marketing techniques can lead to heavy social media traffic via Instagram and Facebook, which are powerhouse marketing tools these days, especially with the younger generation.
2. It is a fact that listings with professional real estate photography sell for better prices (and quicker) than those shot by amateurs. Buyers who are looking online will pass over the properties that do not have attractive photos.
3. Professional photographers will edit your photos to create images that are 10x better than any mobile phone photo. They have advanced software and editing techniques that can help showcase your home to its full potential. A seasoned real estate photographer will use a wide angle lens and professional equipment to highlight your homes best features. We just love the work that Todd does for our clients!
4. Using the right listing agent matters: Madeleine Hicks Real Estate listings are viewed 180% more than non-Madeleine Hicks Real Estate listings on Realestate.com.au as a result of our marketing strategies, bringing even more qualified buyers to a listing.
5. An agent with a large social media following and contact list can reach many potential buyers quickly. One email or social media post to their sphere of influence could result in multiple showing requests. We have multiple Facebook pages that have thousands of followers. We also email out to our massive database several times a week
6. Using a drone, real estate photographers are producing dramatic, sweeping shots of landscapes, ocean and mountain views and seamless fly-arounds of gorgeous home exteriors.
Drone photos can show a properties layout, neighbourhood and proximity to nearby mountains or city centre.
7. When it comes to interior photos of real estate, staging is the key element to success. Making the living areas of your listings seem warm and pleasant, while at the same time stylish and organised, should be a top goal when shooting. Tamara is our resident styling expert so give her a call to discuss how great your home could look.
8. Buyers love to see a visual walk through of a property. A listing video will not only make the home stand out to buyers due to the lack of home videos in the market, but it will showcase your home and its features at the highest level. Through a video tour, buyers get to see the flow of your home, the size of the rooms, and the feel of the spaces in a way that still photos cannot convey.
9. Online advertising through Google and Facebook are also great ways to exposure your home to a group of people that may not even have been looking for a new home.
Most everyone can agree on one thing, digital marketing is here to stay. This is why the team at Madeleine Hicks Real Estate invest time and resources into these tools. They are a prime cornerstones of our marketing plan when representing sellers.
It’s helpful to work with an agent who has experience selling homes in your local region. With a focussed knowledge of your prospective buyers, they will be able to tightly fine-tune the campaign to highlight the details of your property and neighbourhood.
This should take into consideration whether potential buyers are likely to come from the local area or from outside the region. Your home’s best features should be placed front and centre. This will ensure that they can customise your campaign to give you a great chance of success.
How much should I invest in marketing my home?
You should expect to pay anywhere from 0.5% to 1% of the total value of your property toward marketing it. On a $500,000 property this works out to $2,500 and $5,000 respectively. These costs are negotiable and vary depending on the local market, the property location, the type of property and the method of selling.
Sound a lot? Bear in mind that real estate agents will have access to more marketing channels than you, and at a lower cost. Successful agents will also know what types of media will be most effective in your local market. Generally speaking the more you pay the more exposure your listing will get.
Which has been proven to help achieve higher prices.
If you are considering selling and would like a free evaluation of your property contact the team at Madeleine Hicks Real Estate and we can talk more.