It’s August and anyone that has lived in Brisbane knows that means 2 things:-
- The Ekka is in town and
- Westerly winds
This year is a little different with the Ekka having to be cancelled, but there is good news as the Ekka is now online.
At a great new website Ekkaonline.com is where you can have some of the Ekka experience from the safety of your home.
You can see the fireworks, the blue ribbon baking, freestyle motocross, the baby animals, spend time with a farmer, show jumping, the dogs, cats and chickens and more. It is unbelievable how much they have crammed in here.
You can register on the site and receive reminders of the events that are happening over the 2 weeks of the Show.
There are also some stallholders that are open at different locations. We would suggest that you visit the marketplace where you can see all of the wonderful Queensland producers and find ways to support them.
Of course there are also ways to find the crowd favourite the Strawberry Sundae.
If you are looking for a Strawberry Sundae then here is the list of pop-up locations around town.
- Morayfield Shopping Centre, 171 Morayfield Rd, Morayfield QLD 4506
- Skygate, 11 The Cct, Brisbane Airport, QLD, 4008
- Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Corner Pacific Highway and Bryants Rd, Loganholme QLD 4129
- Springfield Orion Hotel, 1 Main St, Springfield Central QLD 4300 (August 14-16 Only)
- Milton Green, Corner of Cribb St and Little Cribb Street, Milton QLD, 4064 – Wednesday August 12 only – 10:00am – 3:00pm
- The Café for The Common Good, Albany Creek Central, 700 Albany Creek Rd, Albany Creek QLD 4035 (August 7-9 & August 15/16 only)
- Burnie Brae, 60 Kuran Street, Chermside – Wednesday August 12 only – 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Brisbane Showgrounds Drive Through, Sideshow Alley (entry via O’Connell Tce), Bowen Hills QLD 4006
So, make sure you mark your calendar and head to your closest pop-up site to enjoy the iconic treat.
All proceeds are funding medical research through The Common Good.