Butterfly Properties Pty Ltd (ACN 149 265 172) trading as Madeleine Hicks Real Estate is committed to protecting your privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
During the course of your involvement with Madeleine Hicks Real Estate, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services to you;
- Contacting your nominated next of kin if you cannot be reached;
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residential address;
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home telephone number;
- Your work telephone number;
- Your mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, next of kin and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you;
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real estate websites;
- Real estate peak bodies;
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients . Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, and we therefore ask that you sign the consent on the first page of this document to indicate your consent.
In the event that you do not consent to Madeleine Hicks Real Estate collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Your Personal Information
Personal information about visitors to our sites is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
How We Collect Personal Information
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists,
- apply for a job with us,
- make an enquiry about our services,
- visit our web site, or
- become a client or debtor of the company.
- Information provided by you
- You provide most of the personal information directly to us and for a specific purpose.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Use of the Information for a Secondary Purpose
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented,
- where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way, or
- where we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You should be aware that we may use your email address to contact you in the future. We may share your contact details with third party advertisers who may contact you regarding the marketing of your property, unless you explicitly advise us not to do so.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.<
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to Web sites outside of our web site, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web sites and its privacy statement.
Further Privacy Information
Please read this legal information carefully. This web site and its contents (‘Web Site’) are owned and operated by Madeleine Hicks Real Estate. The use of this Web Site is governed by the following terms and conditions, as amended from time to time (the ‘Terms and Conditions’). These Terms and Conditions apply in favour of, and are enforceable by, Madeleine Hicks Real Estate.
By using this Web Site you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you should immediately cease using the Web Site. The Web Site may be updated from time to time, including these Terms and Conditions. By continuing to use this Web Site after these Terms and Conditions have been updated, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the updated Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
The material on the Web Site is presented as general information only. It is not intended as legal, financial or real estate advice and must not be relied on as such. You should make your own inquiries and obtain independent professional advice tailored to your specific circumstances before making any legal, financial or real estate decisions.
Intellectual Property and Restrictions On Use of Content
Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright in the Web Site is owned by Madeleine Hicks Real Estate. The Web Site includes registered and unregistered trade marks that are owned by Madeleine Hicks Real Estate. Except for the direct purpose of viewing, printing, accessing or interacting with the Web Site for your own personal use or as otherwise indicated on the Web Site or these Terms and Conditions, you must not reproduce, modify, communicate to the public, adapt, transfer, distribute or store any of the contents of the Web Site, or incorporate any part of the Web Site into another web site without Madeleine Hicks Real Estate consent.
Links to Third Party Sites
Madeleine Hicks Real Estate assumes no responsibility for the condition or content of third party web sites that may be linked to or accessed from the Web Site. Madeleine Hicks Real Estate excludes all liability for any loss, damage, claim, expense, cost (including legal costs) or liability whatsoever arising from or referable to the condition or content of third party web sites that may be linked to or accessed from the Web Site.
Madeleine Hicks Real Estate may collect, use and disclose personal information about you obtained by Madeleine Hicks Real Estate from your use of the Web Site. Madeleine Hicks Real Estate management of this information is governed by the Privacy Statement. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability The Web Site and its entire contents are provided on an “as is” basis. Madeleine Hicks Real Estate does not warrant the completeness, accuracy, reliability or availability of the Web Site or its contents. All information is subject to change without notice. Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and that cannot be excluded, Madeleine Hicks Real Estate excludes all liability for any loss, damage, claim, expense, cost (including legal costs) or liability whatsoever arising from or referable to the Web Site whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise. Any term, condition, representation or warranty implied into these Terms and Conditions by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is included in these Terms and Conditions. Liability of any member of Madeleine Hicks Real Estate for a breach of a condition or warranty implied into these Terms and Conditions by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at that member’s option, to the supplying of the relevant goods or services again or the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
Changes and Termination
Madeleine Hicks Real Estate reserves the right to revise the content of, amend links from, or withdraw access to the Web Site at any time without notice or liability to you. Your ability to access the Web Site or to participate in any features of the Web Site, including Best Investor, may be terminated at any time without notice, and without any liability to you. Any limitations on Madeleine Hicks Real Estate liability will survive such termination.
A right relating to these Terms and Conditions may only be waived by Madeleine Hicks Real Estate in writing. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. By using the Web Site you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid or unenforceable by a Court of Law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remaining provisions, which will continue in full force and effect. Madeleine Hicks Real Estate failure to exercise or enforce any rights or any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Madeleine Hicks Real Estate in writing.
Access to, and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to your information and to request that Madeleine Hicks Real Estate update or correct your personal information. A charge may apply for providing access to your information.
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone as follows:
2/6 Trouts Road
EVERTON PARK QLD 4053