South Pine & Pullen Roads Instersection. Tim Mander, State Member for Everton would like to advise that safety improvement works will soon commence at the intersection of South Pine Road and Pullen Road, Everton Park.
Mr Mander said, “These works are being undertaken to improve road safety for all road users by decreasing the risk of collision at the intersection”.
“The works will commence early next month and be completed by May 2018,” he said.
Work will include:
- increasing the storage length of the right turn lane from South Pine Road into Pullen Road
- upgrading the pedestrian island on Pullen Road
- upgrading the pram ramps, and marking the pedestrian crossing
- correctly aligning the centre median on the southern side of the intersection
- replacing the storm-water grate near the left turn lane on Pullen Road with a cycle-friendly grate
The Department has advised that although every effort will be made to reduce impacts, residents may experience minor construction noise.
To minimise traffic disruptions, the work will be carried out at between 7 pm and 5 am, Sunday to Thursday. Reduced speed limits will apply during these times.
“I appreciate the frustration for residents as this roadwork is done but these repairs are necessary for the ongoing safety of motorists,” Mr Mander said.
Mr Mander reminds motorists to drive safely and be mindful of road workers and traffic control while the work is in progress.