Obtaining best price for your home is the goal. So how do we create competition and increased interest in our property when it comes time to sell?
Renovating or “tricking up” the outside of our home is one way.
Madeleine Hicks of Madeleine Hicks Real Estate Everton Park says, “The key to getting the very best price for your home is to create interest and hopefully competition between interested buyers. Sellers should do everything possible to enhance their property and make it more appealing to the market place.”
“Tricking up” your home needn’t cost a fortune. By following a few rules you can enhance your sale price without breaking the bank.
Madeleine’s tips on renovating the outside of your home include:
- Pick a colour scheme that enhances your home and its street appeal. Avoid colours that will clash with others or colours that are “out there.”
- Choose the right sheen. Glossy paints generally show imperfections, but can look fresher. As a general rule use higher gloss paints for small areas, window sills etc, and save flat paints for the bulk of the house.
- Replace the front door. The front door is your welcome point. If your door is shabby, warped or worn replace it.
- Replace the letterbox. Again first impressions count, if your letterbox has seen better days, replace it
- Install new house numbers.
- Tidy the garden. Remove weeds and hide the garden hose.
If you are thinking of selling and would like the best possible price in the shortest possible time contact the team at Madeleine Hicks Real Estate on 3355 6845 or visit madeleinehicks.com.au